Monday, August 13, 2012

Ganbarimasu!

I know you’re supposed to start at the beginning, but forget the beginning for now. Here’s the middle: I’m moving to Tokyo. That’s right: JAPAN…as in ASIA. I mean, I still need to find a job and a place to live and buy a plane ticket and all that. DETAILS. But in my mind, I have decided this is what I’m doing, and if you know me at all then you know: It’s enough. So get this: I have a job interview at 10pm tonight. It will be 11am Tuesday morning for the people interviewing me. They’ll be in their business suits in Tokyo, and I’ll be in my pajamas in Florida. It’s already my favorite job interview ever. Ohhhh…or wait…I could do the interview from the bathtub! Okay, the follow up thought to that was “What? Are you self-sabotaging now?” and to my relief the answer was “No.” So jammies it is.

Are you wondering what I’m even talking about? Well, short version: I’ve decided to take a break from my glamorous life as a nursing home psychologist in the great state of Florida and go teach English for at least a year in Tokyo. The teaching part will just be how I fund my participation in all manner of Japanese shenanigans. Like cosplay. And maid cafes. And karaoke. And manga cubicles. TOKYO IS WHERE I BELONG.

I’ll get to the whole story eventually. Tune in next time…

Ganbarimasu!


8 comments:

  1. Noooooo! Well, OK, I guess. Only if you continue to post all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After watching the Olympics I am now convinced their is a small sect of Japanese people that will possibly eclipse your amazoness making it less likely you will need to use the population as arm rests. Therefore, you may go, but I will only allow a year, and then you must check back with me. Also, you must promise continual posts and occasional packages of oddness so that you only seem to be in Florida and not on the other side of the world. Oh, and send strange Japanese baby stuff....these are my conditions to allow your departure. Otherwise we may find a way through sugar comas and Silas snuggles to keep you hostage next to the space heater in our basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo...I can't wait to meet Amazonian Japanese people! Cuz you know I'm packing all my 5-inch heels...I figure I'm already so much taller, might as well go all in. :) And you know the packages will only get weirder! But Silas snuggles...now you're fighting dirty! But see, that's part of my plan...come up there before I go and stock up on cutie snuggles to last me a whole year. Otherwise I won't make it!!! <3

      Delete
  3. WOW, Lisa! I know you'll have as big an adventure as anyone could POSSIBLY have!!!! This is so great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! You are always so encouraging! I love it!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...