Monday, October 22, 2012

Official seal of approval

Whoa!!!!

It's getting really real over here. I seem to keep saying that, but no matter how many times I say "I'm moving to Japan," it always feels like a small part of me must be kidding...I mean, how can that be real??? Even though it is. BUT HOW CAN IT BE??? And it's going to feel like this until I'm in Tokyo looking around wondering HOW DID I GET HERE?!?!? AND WHY DIDN'T I EAT MORE MEXICAN FOOD BEFORE I LEFT??? So in the meantime, each step forward just makes this whole thing seem a little bit more like it's actually going to happen. Because it is. For real. RIGHT???

This morning I was notified that my visa was approved by the Japanese Immigration Bureau. Okay, even that weirds me out a little bit...I'm immigrating??? Yup. So now my to do list has this awesome line item on it:




And it is comforting to know that they too believe that I am not a criminal (because I'M NOT) and am worthy of being in their country. Little do they know that Japan just got a whole lot more awesome. How do you say "Buckle up" in Japanese?

Speaking of awesome, I have the most awesome dad ever!!! Within an hour of hearing that my visa was approved, which gives me permission to book my flight, this wonderful man had forked over a full 100,000 airline miles to book his baby girl a business class ticket to Tokyo. LOOK:



That's right. I'm going over in style, kiddies. But how crazy is it that I am now the holder of a ONE WAY TICKET TO JAPAN???? Small, but hopefully not too important, pieces of my brain are currently exploding. And for anyone paying attention, yeah, that's just shy of SEVENTEEN hours spent on the plane... which reminds me that one of my patients was very concerned about the length of my flight over there and insisted on telling me his remedies for "avoiding phlebitis" which I solemnly vowed to follow. I guess it's time to keep that promise, because who wants phlebitis? Not me! What is phlebitis? I don't know. Miss that guy.

So November 25th is the day. The official countdown starts NOW.

I need to go lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...